Friday, June 19, 2009

Bethenny Frankel, a housewife?



I am so amused at the shows named Real Housewives of ...... The women pictured are not real housewives in my definition of the word. Many are not wives, and few seem to give a hoot about the house except when there is to be a party. Not much of the shows are about women being housewives. And most of the shows show women acting as bitchy as possible. Preening for a camera is a big thing. Showing the enhanced chests of some of the women is even bigger. One of the women has even styled herself a celebrity.

As a woman who has been a REAL housewife, I have tried to watch more than 15 minutes at a time of the shows. I managed a 30 minute stint of the Orange County bunch. The Atlanta and New York bunch were far too boring or bitchy for my taste. And the New Jersey group seems to be trying to outdo the New York bunch. All in all, these women are a sad statement about the world of today. I don't think I have ever seen a more selfcentered bunch of know nothings in my life. BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment