Monday, June 14, 2010

Handbag




As a not young person I am in the midst of a slight dilemma. I am not an old person in mind or at heart. I am not a person who wants to appear old. There are some of the cutest clothes and accessories out there that I have seen in a long time.

I must admit that I was not a fan of the jeans that were cut so low that the b--- crack was showing. And the tops that came to just above the navel. After all, there were way too many really fat people wearing them. I find it ironic that these things became popular at a time when obesity is at an all time high among young people. I also found it difficult to find things to wear during this time because I was working and also because I just didn't fit the mold at all. I happen to be a bit too fat to wear anything that comes near the belly button. So I have happily said goodbye to the wonders of skin.

But what has happened to the stores. The gap between young and older is still really big. Now there are skinny jeans and sleeveless tops to contend with. What a wonderful change. And the overweight continue to wear these things and to scare the bejeesus out of me.

I think my conundrum is obvious in the pictures of the two bags I have chosen. The Dooney is quite youthful. It is obviously for the young. But the alternative is available for sale. Can everyone say Grandma? I just want some in between things. Some.

No comments:

Post a Comment