Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday, the middle of the week


Middle of the week. Middle of the road. I have read and loved fashion magazines for years. I began with wanting to look like the models. Of course that was when the models were pretty and looked like girls or women. Now, to my regret, most of the models on the fashion runways look like skeletons with a small bit of skin and some hair. I don't believe I have ever seen more ugly girls in one place than on the runways. And there are those who seem to think these skinny girls are going to make their clothes look good.

I have heard that you should wear your clothes and your clothes shouldn't wear you. If you are really skinny the clothes probable have more presence than you.

Sorry to the skinny girls. I am trying to point out that there is a huge difference between fashion and style. And there is a huge difference between clothing and costume. And I am middle of the road. I love flats because they are comfortable. I hate the ridiculous heels the designers have made because they are not comfortable and they look like they belong in a circus. To me flats are clothing, sometimes even comfortable clothing. The ridiculous heels are costume. I have seen pics of shoes and clothing that make the wearer look wonderful. And I have seen pics of clothing that do not enhance anything about the wearer. I have $20 to spend on clothing. Which should I choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment